Kondo, the main hall, that was built in 1613 as a Shishinden hall of the imperial palace and moved to Ninna-ji temple in 1637. This is the oldest of the existing Shishinden buildings and is a national treasure. They altered the inside of the building to make the main hall of the Buddhist temple. Images of Buddhist trinity, Amida-sanzon, are enshrined in the hall.
March 13, 2010